What is a dental crown?
It is a procedure applied by dentists for dental restoration. Such crowns or coverings sit firmly over the original teeth, thereby hiding all the imperfections nicely. Such prosthetics become the outer layer of the teeth protecting the original teeth.A cosmetic dentist can do a lot to make you look better and also boost the overall healthiness of your teeth.
Why are crowns used?
They are the best alternative to original teeth. They are functional in the following ways:
* To protect weak teeth from decay, and wear and tear. They are useful in safeguarding teeth from breaking or chipping. Caps can efficiently hold together the broken parts of a tooth.
* To restore the aesthetic beauty of already broken or worn down teeth.
* Dental crowns are used in place of missing teeth to offer support to the remaining teeth of the set.
* It is also effective in holding dental bridges in place.
* To cover up crooked or discolored teeth.
* To protect dental implants.
How long can it last?
Even original teeth if not taken care of properly can cause a lot of problems and might fall off soon. When it comes to dental caps, it all depends on two primary factors –
1. On the expertise of the cosmetic dentist in making and fitting the caps
2. The amount of wear and tear the crowns are exposed to and how the prosthetics are being taken care of
The type you opt for will affect not only their appearance but also their compatibility with your mouth in its current state. It’s important to get a professional evaluation of the present state of your oral health, as sometimes certain kinds of crowns may turn out to be a bad idea due to various pre-existing conditions in your mouth. It’s also worth noting that the longevity of different types of dental crowns can vary quite a lot, and it’s a good idea to pick something that is going to last you a sufficiently long time.
On that note, we give a solid guarantee for the quality of our work. Once you receive your crown, it will last for a predetermined period, and if you need any repairs or emergency work on your teeth in the meantime, please contact our office immediately.
Also keep in mind that we offer payment plans to make the procedure more affordable.